Stage Nine Exhibitions and The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium are excited to open the POPnology traveling exhibit for all general admission guests. The exhibit, which has toured throughout the United States and Canada, will explore how science and technology play a role in our everyday lives. Guests will be able to discover this through the four featured areas: How We Play, How We Connect, How We Move, and How We Live & Work.
Some of the greatest works of popular culture inspired technology will be showcased, with guests seeing the fusion of science fiction and science fact. From experiencing a virtual world with virtual reality to learning about several amazing innovators and authors, guests will be able to see how imagination and dreams have become reality.
POPnology will feature several special exhibits:
- A full-scale replica of the Delorean Time Machine
- Local Motors showcasing the Strati, the world’s first 3D printed car
- Virtual Reality projection games
- Jet pack from Disney™’s The Rocketeer
- Autopia car from Disney™’s Tomorrowland
- Artistic renderings from visual futurists who created the look of Blade Runner™, Star Wars™, Alien™, and much more.
Officially opened May 27, POPnology will have something for everyone, and really leave guests with a new understanding of how technology is used in our everyday lives, where we’ve been, and where we’re going. POPnology will be available to all guests with general admission tickets, and will be running through September 4.