Thanks to generous donors and a fund the need event at the FDPS Annual Event in April. The FDPS (Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools) was able to grant $25,230 to enhance the education of students in nine Dubuque Community School District buildings.
In April the FDPS held their annual event to raise awareness and funding for projects and programs not covered by the school district budget. During the event they held a fund the need fundraiser and raised more than $30,000 to fund unmet needs. The building grants will impact thousands of students in the public schools. The investment will provide much needed funding for supplies, equipment, and innovative educational experiences throughout the district.
Building administrators were invited to submit grant applications to the Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools. Requests were reviewed and funding determined by the FDPS Board of Directors.
The 2022 Building Grant recipients:
- AVC – Intercultural Communication in Action
- Washington Middle School – PBIS Classroom/Building Support
- Jefferson Middle School – Intercultural Development Inventory Survey
- Eleanor Roosevelt Middle School – LEAP After School Enrichment
- Audubon Elementary School – Playground Equipment
- Table Mound Elementary School – Food for Thought
- Kennedy Elementary School – Decodable Text
- Carver Elementary – Radio Replacement
- Sageville Elementary – RAH RAH Reading