Dubuque County relies on numerous boards and commissions for important work. Volunteers, appointed to a multi-year term by the Board of Supervisors, serve on each of these boards and commissions. Annually there are opportunities for Dubuque County residents to be considered for appointment as terms expire or to fill vacancies.
If you are interested in serving on a Dubuque County board or commission, please complete the two-page application form, which is a fillable PDF form. For more information, or to download the application, visit dubuquecountyiowa.gov/293/Boards-Commissions.
The boards and commissions with appointments for terms beginning in January or with vacant positions include:
- Airport Board of Adjustment
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Board of Health
- Conservation Board
- Eastern Iowa Regional Housing Authority Board
- Eminent Domain Compensation Commission
- Equal Opportunity Committee
- Food Policy Council
- Investment Policy Committee
- Mental Health and Developmental Disability Stakeholders
- Sunnycrest Manor Advisory Board
Individuals wishing to be considered for an appointment in January should return a completed application by December 30, 2020 by email to Tanya.Lux@dubuquecounty.us, by fax at (563) 587-3836, or by mail to Board of Supervisors, 720 Central Ave., Dubuque IA 52001.