UnityPoint Health will be transitioning three primary care clinics to Grand River Medical Group, effective August 28, 2023. The impacted locations are the family medicine and women’s health clinic on Pennsylvania Avenue in Dubuque, and the family medicine and walk-in care clinics in Cascade and Peosta.
The eight providers and team members currently employed by UnityPoint Clinic will become employees of Grand River Medical Group when the transition is complete. Patients at the Peosta and Cascade clinics will continue to be seen at the existing facilities, while Pennsylvania Avenue patients will move to the nearby Grand River Medical Group West facility, which currently houses a family medicine clinic, as well as a laboratory and radiology location.
In other news, UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital in Dubuque is the third hospital in Iowa to be recognized for readiness to provide emergency care for children through the state’s new Iowa Pediatric Emergency Assessment and Care (IPEAC) Recognition Program, the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services announced in mid-June. IPEAC recognizes the work of hospitals of all sizes to ensure each is prepared to provide initial stabilization, treatment and any needed transfers to definitive care for ill and injured children in Iowa.
Participation in the IPEAC program was recently offered to all 117 Iowa hospitals after a pilot program last fall. To be recognized, hospitals musFGMNt complete an application that includes requirements for equipment, training, and support of pediatric patients and their families. Evaluation of applicants includes a site visit to the hospital.
Iowa Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) is a program of the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of Emergency Medical and Trauma Services. IPEAC and EMSC are funded by a federal grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration.
Finley Nursing Scholarships
More than one dozen tri-state area nursing students have been awarded upwards of $20,000 in financial assistance through the latest group of Finley Nursing Scholarships. The awards were presented by the UnityPoint Health – Finley Health Foundation and Finley Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association during a luncheon earlier this month. The scholarships will assist students who are pursuing a nursing degree in higher education for the 2023-2024 academic school year.
The 2023 Finley Nursing Scholarship recipients include:
- Amanda Becker from Dubuque, attending Clarke University
- Natalie Berning from Hazel Green, attending Clarke University
- Kayla Bolsinger from Guttenberg, attending University of Northern Iowa
- Brooke Douglas from Darlington, attending Clarke University
- Logan Kleese from Des Moines, attending University of Dubuque
- Julie Lindenberg from Dubuque, attending Western Governors University
- Mary Sarah Nakimera from Asbury, attending University of Dubuque
- Hailey Stitch from Cuba City, attending Marian University
- Jadeyn Sturm from Rockford, attending University of Dubuque
- Kaelyn Weigel from Platteville, attending University of Dubuque
- Marisa Widmeier from Asbury, attending Clarke University.
For scholarship information, contact the Finley Health Foundation at (563) 589-2358.