The 15th Annual Women of Achievement Awards banquet was another huge success. This year they received more than 75 nominations recognizing 69 women. Thank you to the many business table sponsors and to DuTrac Community Credit Union for sponsoring nominee attendance at the event. And, a special thank you to the more than 300 attendees who joined and supported women throughout our community.
Award recipients included:
- Achievement in Her Field: Stacey Killian, Dubuque Visiting Nurses Association
- Achievement in Her Field: Wendy Mihm-Herold, Northeast Iowa Community College
- Organizational Impact: Michelle Vogler, McGraw Hill Education
- Organizational Impact: Colleen McKenna, Cartegraph
- Growth & Accomplishments in Personal Life: Emily Furry, Self-Employed
- Growth & Accomplishments in Personal Life: Lisa Bauer, Bauer RV Upholstery
- Unsung Champion: Crenna Brumwell, City of Dubuque
- Unsung Champion: Tonia Breuer, Southwest Technical College
- Up & Coming Leader: Jenni Petersen-Brant, City of Dubuque
- Up & Coming Leader: Tara Cooley, Northeast Iowa Community College
- Service and Support of Non-Profit Work: Amanda Reynolds, Loras College, and Amanda Reynolds Counseling, LLC
- Service and Support of Nonprofit Work: Ann Decker, Crescent Community Health Center
The Women of Achievement Awards ceremony was designed to recognize and honor women who have already, or aspire to, provide significant contributions in their professional, personal, and volunteer roles in the community as evidenced by contributions to addressing significant issues, being a positive influence in the community, applying creativity or innovation in solving problems, overcoming challenges, mentoring colleagues or other, and sustaining a record of accomplishments in and contributions to her field.
More information as well as a listing of previous winners are online at DubuqueWLN.org/women-of-achievement-awards.