UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital recently expanded options for joint replacement surgery in the tri-state area. Finley Hospital now offers two options for robotic-assisted joint replacement surgery, using the CORI and Velys surgical systems.
The CORI surgical system is used for knee replacement surgery. This technology allows the surgeon to use a handheld device that strives to achieve accurate positioning of components during planning and surgery. Patients may receive the following benefits for joint replacements using the CORI surgical system:
- Quicker, smoother recovery
- Regain function faster and return home sooner
- A unique plan: Surgeon uses 3D modeling to get a surgical plan that is customized to the patient’s anatomy
- A natural fit: Patients can keep more of their natural bone and ligaments, including the ACL.
- A wide selection: The surgeon is able to choose from a wide selection of implants, so implants can be precision-matched to feel more like a patient’s own knee.
Additionally, Finley Hospital uses the Velys robotic-assisted solution for knee replacements. This surgical system provides the surgeon with access to state-of-the-art technology to provide insights for real-time decision making, help the surgeon remove damaged bone with accuracy, and use infrared cameras and optical trackers to ensure an accurate joint replacement is achieved.
A few of the benefits patients may experience by having a knee replaced using the Velys robotic-assisted solution include a greater range of motion, less pain compared to traditional methods, and faster recovery times.
To determine which option is best for joint replacement surgery at Finley Hospital, we recommend patients consult with their orthopedic surgeon to discuss available options.
To learn more about robotic-assisted joint replacement surgery at Finley Hospital, please visit UnityPoint.org/orthosurgery.