Home Features Dubuque Regional Airport Navigates Next Twenty Years

Dubuque Regional Airport Navigates Next Twenty Years

University of Dubuque Flight Operations & Management Center. Photo submitted by the Dubuque Regional Airport.

by Sara Steuer

The Dubuque Regional Airport is keeping its eyes on the future by releasing its long-term Airport Master Plan. Required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) every 7-10 years and last completed in 2005, the plan was undertaken to evaluate the airport’s capabilities and future role, looking forward with development strategies for timely expansion projects required to meet growing airport demands. The twenty-year plan comes at an estimated cost of $152 million dollars, with 90 percent of funding from the Federal Aviation Administration and the other 10 percent from the City of Dubuque.

To read this and other featured articles in their entirety, pickup the February 2022 issue of Julien’s Journal magazine. Click to subscribe for convenient delivery by mail, or call (563) 557-1914. Single issues are also available in print at area newsstands and digitally via the Issuu platform.

Julien’s Journal, the Dubuque area lifestyle magazine, is a monthly regional feature magazine for and about Dubuque and the tri-state region.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here