This year’s Julien Dubuque International Film Festival fundraising gala will be a virtual affair, but it won’t be losing its festival flair.
Starting at 7 PM on Saturday, February 27th, the event will include a 10-day silent auction that culminates with a video presentation of trailers, interviews, a surprise VIP guest, a film sneak peek, and a live raffle drawing.
“In order to keep everyone safe and healthy, we decided to do a virtual event this year,” said Susan Gorrell, executive director of the film festival. “But we want to make sure that in doing so, the unique personality of our annual event is not lost. We are going to have plenty of fun surprises to bring that JDIFF gala atmosphere into your living room.”
Ticket prices have been divided into categories this year to complement the new format. All tickets will include the code for the virtual event, and most levels include a package of party giveaways and appetizers.
Ticket prices are:
- Individual – $35 (Includes code to the virtual event)
- Date Night – $150 (Includes code and a package for two, which includes apps and fun gala giveaways)
- Family Night – $300 (Includes code and a package for four, which includes apps and fun gala giveaways)
- Table Party – $600 (Includes code and a package for eight, which includes apps and fun gala giveaways)
- Table sponsors are also listed at the start of the video, and on the film festival website.
Tickets go on sale Monday, February 1st. To purchase, visit JulienFilmFest.com.
Tickets for the 50/50 raffle will be sold by JDIFF board members. They are $50 per ticket and only 200 will be sold. To purchase a raffle ticket, call Board President Beth Gilbreath at (563) 542-5933.
This is a major fundraiser for the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival, which is a nonprofit organization.
“The arts play a critical role in shaping our communities and each of us as individuals,” said Gilbreath. “For ten years, Dubuquers have had the opportunity to see amazing Independent films and engage with the various artists involved in creating those films, including actors, producers, and directors – right here in our very own backyard.”
During that time, JDIFF has been named one of the top 50 film festivals worth the entry fee by MovieMaker Magazine, and is one of the top 100 best reviewed film festivals on Film Freeway.
“Our Midwest film festival is getting noticed in the industry,” Gorrell said. “It wouldn’t be possible without our sponsors and donors. We are so very thankful for the amazing community support we have here in Dubuque.”
Items up for auction will include trips, experiences, and unique handmade items. Here is a sampling:
- Brews & Bros – Enjoy your own three-hour private party at Jubeck New World Brewery. Two rounds of drinks are on Jubecks for a group of up to 12 people! Also included is a merchandise gift basket, including a glass growler, stainless steel travel mugs, and t-shirts.
- Theatrical Throw – A handmade movie-themed quilt perfect for snuggling on the couch with your partner to watch films with fresh popcorn, designed and pieced by AliRags, with quilting done by The Cotton Cabin Quilt Shop.
- Backyard Big Screen – Let JDIFF set up a private movie theater in your own backyard for up to 12 people. We’ll handle the logistics while you kick back and watch a show under the stars.
- Murder Mystery Night – This unique offering brings you and five friends together to participate in a real-life version of the game Clue while enjoying a catered meal in the comfort of your own home. Each guest will arrive as a certain character and as the night progresses, you will work together to identify the killer. The winning bidder will have their hair and makeup done by Britni Farber of Britni Farber Beauty & Art.
- Wine & Dine – Invite five friends for an overnight getaway in the Hotel Julien Dubuque’s Capone Suite. You’ll enjoy a five-course dinner paired with wine, prepared and served in your suite by Executive Chef Jason Culbertson. The package also includes two premier king suites and breakfast at Caroline’s Restaurant the next morning.
The tenth annual Julien Dubuque International Film Festival is set for April 18-25 in downtown Dubuque. For more information, visit JulienFilmFest.com.
Editor’s note: Article submitted by Amanda Munger.