On Wednesday, August 19, just shy of $6,800 in classroom grants were awarded to 16 public school teachers throughout the Dubuque Community School District (DCSD) thanks to the Judi Chandlee Tribute to Teachers Endowment. These grants will impact thousands of students in the public schools.
The gifts will provide much needed funding for supplies, equipment, and innovative educational experiences throughout the district. The grants are funded by the family and friends of Judi Chandlee, a beloved Eisenhower Elementary teacher, who passed away in 2011.
The 2020 Judi Chandlee Tribute to Teachers recipients are:
- Courtney Weydert, Prescott Elemetary – Bee-Bots: Coding in Literacy
- Frannie Smith, Marshall Elementary – Book Club
- Rosie Godel, Audubon Elementary – Books and Material for Sight Word Growth
- Anne Murphy, Eisenhower Elementary – Diverse Children’s Literature
- Melanie McDonough, Prescott Elementary – Engage and Play through Osmo Genius
- Tamra Standorf, Bryant Elementary – Fluent in Forth
- Melinda Janes, Irving Elementary – Interactive Books and Work Binder
- Laura Oberfoell, Hoover Elementary – Just Right Books
- Sara Jones, Audubon Elementary – Morning Bins – A Soft Start for the Day
- Teri Caldwell, Kennedy Elementary – Picture Book Collection to Promote Race and Tolerance
- Jeannie Bergquist, Audubon Elementary – Document Camera
- Kelly Neuman, Carver Elementary – Show Me that Number
- Scott Lammer, Irving Elementary – Student Created Professional Matting
- Mary Jane Meade, Marshall Elementary – Varied Practice Reading
- Jill Duggan, Thomas Jefferson Middle School – Yamaha Digital Piano with Bench
An additional $100 classroom grant was presented to the Dubuque Educator’s Association “Teacher of the Year”, Charles Schmeichel at Kennedy Elementary.