The Oncology & Hematology Department at Medical Associates is committed to one thing: fighting cancer. It’s what we do. Whether you have a new diagnosis, need a second opinion, or are undergoing treatments, we pledge to be with you every step of the way.
Our expert cancer team includes board-certified medical oncologists and a nursing staff that is world class. But it is this team’s compassion and commitment that will always be our greatest asset. We treat our patients like family.
- Our Medical Oncologists specialize in treating cancer with chemotherapy, targeted therapies, and immunotherapies.
- Our specialists will answer questions concerning diagnosis and treatment of cancer and blood disorders for patients, their families, and referring physicians.
Learning you have cancer can be overwhelming, and we want to make your journey through treatment as smooth as possible. At Medical Associates, we have a highly connected system of care where everyone on your team works together to meet your specialized needs. Our patients have rapid access to many different specialists so treatment can start sooner, avoiding the anxiety that can come with waiting
The Role of Your Oncologist
At Medical Associates, we believe that your oncologist is responsible for your care from the moment of a cancer diagnosis throughout the course of the disease. Our compassionate team of experts will:
- Explain the cancer diagnosis and stage (a description of where the cancer is located, if or where it has spread, and whether it is affecting other parts of the body).
- Discuss all of the treatment options and recommend the best course of treatment.
- Deliver high-quality, compassionate care.
- Help maintain quality of life for our patients by managing cancer-related pain and other symptoms or treatment side effects, such as constipation, nausea and vomiting, and fatigue.
As the leading provider of cancer care in the community, Medical Associates is committed to providing the best model of cancer care delivery to Dubuque and the tri-states.
Editor’s note: This article was provided by Medical Associates.