The Ken Kringle Historic Preservation Award was established in 2002 by the City of Dubuque Historic Preservation Commission to recognize excellence in historic preservation. Awards are announced annually for the best preservation efforts located in the city of Dubuque. The award is named after the late Ken Kringle for his dedication to historic preservation through his involvement as a member and past chairperson of the Historic Preservation Commission, president of the Bluff Street Neighborhood Association, resident of the Cathedral Historic Preservation District, and member of the Old House Enthusiasts Club.
The City of Dubuque Historic Preservation Commission presented the 16th Annual Ken Kringle Historic Preservation Awards at a public reception and ceremony on April 10. The winners include:
19 Locust St. owned by Ken Lin, 648 Chestnut St. owned by Peter and Cynthia Alt, 1090 Langworthy St. owned Paul and Pamela Peckosh, 1145 Locust St. owned by Gary and Chris Stelpflug and Gary Carner, and 333 E. 10th St. owned by Bethany Golombeski and Robert Johnson.