The City of Dubuque Historic Preservation Commission presented the 15th Annual Ken Kringle Historic Preservation Awards at a reception and ceremony on Tuesday, April 4. The evening began at 5:30 p.m. with a reception and book signing with Larry Friedman and Katherine Fischer, co-authors of the recently released A.A. Cooper: Reinventing the Wheel. The book is available at the River Lights Book Store and chronicles the rise of prominent Dubuque businessman Augustin Augustine (A.A.) Cooper and his wife, Mary Smith Cooper. Immediately following the reception, the City of Dubuque Historic Preservation Commission presented the 2017 Ken Kringle Historic Preservation Awards.
The Ken Kringle Historic Preservation Award was established in 2002 by the City of Dubuque Historic Preservation Commission. The award is named after the late Ken Kringle for his dedication to historic preservation.
The following people will receive awards in recognition of their outstanding preservation achievements:
- JKBS Investments, LLC – 1025 Walnut St.
- CARICH Properties, LLC / Chris and Allison Richard – 1734-36 Central Ave.
- The Fischer Companies – 2204 Central Ave.
- Gary and Chris Stelpflug and Gary Carner – 1576 Locust St.
- James Kunnert – 302 Locust St.